The snarls in my hair
the dust in my eyes
The jar of a speed bump
the grit in my teeth
I'll take it. I love it.
The smell of the pines
the warmth of the engine.
The fishtail on loose gravel
the dip and splash crossing a river.
I'll take it. I love it.
The roar and rumble
through dips in the trail
The mud and the bugs
the snow and high center
I'll take it. I love it.
The cool canyon wind
the distant camp fires
The smiles and nods
then the clouds of dust
I'll take it. I love it.
The freedom. The love.
The living. The wonder.
The peace. The calm.
Our spirits alive.
I'll take it. I love it.
Brad up in front
and me in the back.
My hands squished and warm
in his back pockets.
I'll take it. I love it.
He breathes in so deep
we both take it in.
The beauty found here
is heaven so clear.
I'll take it. I love it.
Although only a few hours,
up in the mountains.
Our souls content.
Our lives renewed.
I'll take it. Man, I sure love it.
C'mon baby, let me take you on a night ride.
One of the best days of my life! Terrific temple trip! Loving the sunshine on a blanket in the grass and at the beach. Suntans. Lake water. Tree swings. Walks along the dike. Talking about dreams and adventure with Maegan. Kids lost in their small world adventures. Sand castles. Moat. Rocks and rivers. Watermelon. And my own time with Brad! Up Willard peak we feel so free. Free to be.




No comments:
Post a Comment