Hyrum came and sat on my bed two nights ago. He had a rather solemn expression, almost reverent, and also an added twinkle in his eye. Hyrum then says to me, "Mom, ever since we moved here I have prayed everyday for a friend. Just one friend."
My heart ached for him...
He continued, "I didn't realize that I had one. Right here. It's Jared." Hyrum smiled and I smiled back, encouraging him to continue.
"I hurt my toe just a few minutes ago and Jared kissed it. It really felt better! It was warm..." Then I could see the wheels just churning in my sweet Hyrum's head. "I think that since Jared is only two and he was with God not too long ago, he must still have some of his powers from being in heaven with him." He then smiled one more time to himself and ran off to play more with his new best friend :)
I am so grateful that my boys do love each other and play together. Those wonderful moments when they are all engaged in a project like building the coolest train track ever or a village out of legos. Paper airplanes have been a hit lately and hot chocolate and banana splits always bring togetherness.
1 comment:
Seriously!??!!! Hyrum is one very amazing boy! You have done a great job helping him to be all that he can be so far in his life. I love your sweet family!
Post a Comment