Saturday, December 24, 2016

Scripture power!

Today marked an incredible event for me!  I am not a reader and I lack consistency in many things I do.  But tonight, we, as a family,  finished reading the entire Old Testament! 1184 pages! It has taken us 2.5 years.
Looking back: as a teen I actually read my scriptures constantly.  I love the scriptures. I always just read the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants. I think I even tackled the Pearl of Great Price once as well.  I started the New Testament, but never finished. Brad and I read the Book is Mormon together as we dated and finished shortly after we got married.  But it fizzled.
Year after year, we tried to pick it back up, but continued to fail at consistency.
Until 6 years ago.  Bishop Rupp encouraged the entire congregation to read the scriptures everyday that year; To hit 100%. We set out to work on that and missed one day in July,  but that's all! Same thing the next year, and the next, next, next and next! We have missed less than 10 days of family scripture study in the last 6 years! We have read the Book of Mormon twice,  the D&C, Pearl of Great Price and now the Old Testament! I am really excited about it!  We will start the New Testament tomorrow, which I'm really excited about because it's about Christ's birth and Christmas is right here ♡