Our Random Life :) I love it!
STORY ONE:
- I was reading stories to my kids about George Washington. George went to school on and off and it is believed he had a tutor. Hyrum asked, "What is a tutor?" "Well," I said,"A tutor is someone who comes to your home-" Hyrum then interrupted me and said, "They come in your house and toot a lot!?!?!"
STORY TWO:
- I have mentioned before how Bryan just hates girls. He talks about it daily. Today was no different. We were in the car waiting to pick up Hyrum at his school when Bryan huffed and said, "I HATE GIRLS!" Paul said, "I like them, Bryan." I said, "Be careful, boy, someday you may end up marrying one just like Daddy did." Paul then says, "Ya, because if you don't marry a girl, you won't be HUMAN!" (Not sure where he got that impression...) Bryan just got more upset. He roughly folded his arms tight, let out a huge huff and yelled, "Well! I hate girls!" then had to huff again to prove his point!
STORY THREE:
- A few days this week Brad has been waking up early early to go play basketball and run at the local rec. Not only him, but he takes Hyrum and Paul. I am totally impressed! Anyway, when they got home it was loud and crazy and I have start the day just running myself trying to get things going for them. After that, they totally deserved a good breakfast, don't ya think! And you would think it would burn off some energy, but they come home just full of it! They get so excited that they got to go with their dad! Anyway with all the craziness, Bryan gets woken up a little earlier than normal. He wakes up happy and just lays there for a minute being cute and talking about his dreams. (Last night apparently Paul had a pink kitty and Bryan had a blue one :) Then I ask him if he would like to get dressed. He keeps replying the same, and it makes me laugh every time! He is the type where if he has something to say, he is going to say it with feeling! So he straightens out, lying on his back, crosses his ankles and puts his hands behind his head. He face and voice get serious and maybe a little onery as he says, "I'm gonna stay in bed!" Ending with that same HUFF that, admittingly, I love way too much!
STORY FOUR
- Hyrum, Paul and Bryan have been working on sticker charts and surprisingly I have stuck with it too! They get stickers for developing good habits: Like making their bed in the morning, practicing violin with a good attitude, hanging up their coat and backpack when they get home from school, etc. Oh and Bryan's was a potty chart after having a little relapse after being potty trained for a year about... He earned his bike, so it is just Hyrum and Paul working on their charts now. Well, I was getting clothes to take down to the washer when I noticed Bryan plastering stickers on Paul's Chart. "What are you doing, Bryan???" I asked. Paul then said, "Oh don't worry about it! He works for me!" I was a little baffled by this... Does he do work and then add the stickers on Paul's chart, or is he getting bribed for just sticking the stickers up there for no reason??? Either way, I just love the way that Paul words things. It is the pure innocence in his eyes that makes my heart flutter and giggle at the same time! I sure love my kids!
LAST STORY
- This evening we went and watched Brad play some church ball. I LOVE watching Brad out there on the court. Understandably, it is hard with the boys. None the less, I love it! Well after the game was over, everyone was looking for their basketballs that all the kids were playing with. One guy said out loud to everyone pointing at me, "SHE'S HIDING ONE!" I hate attention drawn to me when I don't expect it and was just hoping it was the ball we brought! I looked all around me and under my chair. I couldn't see a ball anywhere! What in the world was this guy talking about?!!? One look at Brad's smile, that's all I needed. The baby. My stomach. I laughed a little and could only think to reply with "You are terrible!" Unfortunately, after that blonde/pregnancy moment, they got the last laugh...
2 comments:
I needed some laughs first thing this morning. Thank you :)
Great stories!
Post a Comment