Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Consequence.

I've been thinking this morning... dangerous, I know. 



 I was thinking how every morning when the alarm clock goes off at 5:20 am, I have a choice.  I can get up and exercise, or I can sleep on in.  It seems like the obvious thing to do is to get up, happy and excited to hit the roads! But at that particular moment -those few waking seconds- when the alarm just starts blaring, it isn't an easy decision.  And with all the years I have spent running and swimming and training, it hasn't gotten easier.

  I look at the crazy world we live in.  Ok, I am told, in so many different aspects in life, if you only took a walk in others shoes for a mile, you'd understand.  Well it dawned on me today, just as the sun was coming up and I had finished my workout, that no.  I don't need to walk in their shoes.  I don't need to see their perspective... I already do. Maybe, just once, they could walk in mine. Maybe we would find that it is very much the same.  Maybe the only difference is will. In a day, any one of us could choose to be fit. We could go buy a couple hundred dollars worth of the gear we need, or gym membership. But the next morning, we faced with that same decision to make when the alarm goes off.  We runners, we choose to love running.  It makes that one small choice of waking up a little easier to make. And we make that choice E V E R Y D A Y. We choose a healthy lifestyle everyday.  We choose to be fit everyday.  We choose to be healthy, choose to love it, choose to watch the beautiful sky turn from black to blues and pinks. We chose.  And as a result, we become inspired everyday.  Inspired by beauty.  Inspired by strength. Inspired by peace and serenity. And at times, inspired by God.
 Waking up is worth the consequence.

No comments: