Wednesday, April 16, 2014


A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
- Bernard Shaw


Happy birthday to my handsome smandsome Daddy-o!


We went up to his house in the beautiful mountain valley I was raised in and had a wonderful dinner with him, Paula and (surprise!) Dave and Britt's family!

And since dad and Paula love our kids so much, before we ate, Dave, Britt and I went for a run around the lake! The kids had a blast together with grandpa and grandma and I had a seriously great run with Dave and Britt!!!! The bugs were... tasty. .. And thick... And made me dry heave. .. And Dave...  haha, we'll let what happened on the run stay on the run ;) just kidding Dave! 

 I love being with my family! I wish Jess and her family could have been with us and it sure would be great to see Michelle again!

I do have to brag that I did get the best dad.  He taught me how to think.  How to think things through, figure things out, and find solutions. He taught me patience and how and when to stand up for myself. My dad loves his family.  He is playful and adventurous, but knows how to relax as well. He cares about me and how I am doing, not just on the surface, but in my heart. He has encouraged and taught me to set goals and to strive to accomplish them.  He believes in having dreams and making them happen.  He is full of logic.  In other words, my dad has roots and wings and he and my mom gave their kids that same gift! I am so grateful for him and all he has helped me become!

As for Dave- poor guy is my only brother! The Great thing about him is that he is a "do"er. He doesn't look for excuses, he looks for a way to make things work.  And he is pretty Dang creative in doing so.  He lives his life efficiently and effectively.  Except for the fact that he lives life with very very little sleep.  I look up to him!

And Britt, she's one heck of an example: as a wife, as a mom, as a friend and as a person.  She's kindhearted, tolerant, patient, non judgemental, hard working and just plain awesome. I have a pretty cool sister, so I am so lucky to have a sister in law like her! I guess Heavenly Father blessed me with both of them since he needed my mom. Anyway, today my son Bryan said Britt's voice is his favorite sound :) he wanted to marry her but said that he can't because Dave married her first! Britt treats my kids great and she was so much fun to run with!



1 comment:

Brittney said...

Oh my goodness. This made my day. You are so very kind. Tell Bryan I will give Dave the boot for him ;). And let's run together again soon!