Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
Helen Keller
Its been an interesting day. Jared needed snuggles all day. I decided to make the best of it. Poor Bryan was needing more attention. He really surprises me at times. He LOVES books. He is my active, free spirited child. So I am always amazed when he calms down when I open a novel. Even after an hour and I'm falling asleep reading out loud and I have no idea what I have been reading, Bryan is begging me to read more.
We read the entire book while Jared slept in my arms. I love this about Bryan and I love that Jared is comforted by me. It is such a privilege to be a stay at home mom to these wonderful boys!
Last night Jared had me and Brad laughing! Jared came in our bed, wanting to sleep in between us. He laid there for a second then noticed this:
His eyes were glued. Frozen with fear. He pointed at the curtain silhouette and cried about a buck. He was scared the curtain was a buck and it was going to get him. Lol! He then went to his own bed and fell asleep :) it was funny!
Other great things today:
- I went to the store with Hyrum and Paul to get an armful of groceries. I loved that without asking, after paying for the groceries, they each grabbed the grocery bags and off we went. It felt so weird not having to haul my own groceries! I am so grateful for that great moment!
- Hyrum and I had the best left overs for dinner. I LOVE QUINOA! I have never had it until yesterday and I am in love!
- I talked to Carolyn today! I miss that girl and her family! She had been such a great friend for so long!
- I drove to the rec center and was completely awe struck by how beautiful the world is. The sun had set and the shades of the sky faded from dark blue and sapphire and turquoise to greens and a hint of orange on the black horizon. The stars were coming out in the east and the sliver of the moon was bright. The sky is so much bigger here. It made me realize how small we are, how small our problems really are. And how amazing it is that God still watches over each and every one of us.
- I tried to swim today for the first time since the accident. I loved being in the water! It felt good! But I did get dizzy, so I decided to just stick with kick boards. I am grateful I still can do that!


1 comment:
I am loving these daily updates! I can't stop laughing over the scary buck and I am SO impressed with your boys for just grabbing the bags of grocerys. What little gentlemen! And quinoa! Man! So happy you discovered it. It's one of my favorite foods. Have you tried it for breakfast yet? You make it up like oatmeal. It's goooood.
Post a Comment